Mahatma Gandhi is a symbol of peace and truth. Gandhian thoughts, principles, values, and ideals encourage our students to always be with the truth and have a non – violent path towards their progress.
On the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, from 24th to 2nd October, the students Std. I to Std. XII of Auxilium Baroda from participated in various activities, intra-school and inter-school level. Under the able- guidance of our teachers, different activities organised for them. To mention a few like skits, drawing competition, fancy dress, slogan writing, cleanliness drive, bhajans, inter-religious prayers and prayer for peace.
- Through their performance, they conveyed a message on how one could be truthful and live up to the principles and ideas in difficult times.
- They spoke on Gandhiji’s ideology and his teaching holding various placards on various values.
- They participated in the “Swachhata Abhiyan” programme wherein they cleaned their classrooms, school compound, and the surrounding areas.
- They also performed a skit’s on Bapu’s life and empowered everyone so that we can make this world a better place to live in.
- They also emphasized how one should use swadeshi clothes because it was Bapu, the Father of our Nations who encouraged the countrymen in those times to make their own homespun cloth and boycott the British goods.
All the above activities evoked the feelings of patriotism and nationalism.